December 23, 2013
Are You Covered for Disaster?
Many homeowners underestimate the importance of having adequate homeowners insurance. However, your home is likely your largest investment and most prized possession, so why would you not want to ensure it, as well as your family, was protected in case a disaster strikes?
Ask yourself the following questions:
1. Will your insurance policy suffice if you need to rebuild your home?
- Your policy will need to be able to meet the current costs of construction materials and labor in order to rebuild your home.
2. Do you have adequate insurance to pay for and replace your personal belongings?
- Make a detailed list of everything you own and estimate how much it would cost to replace these items at today’s costs. Find out if you have cash value or replacement cost coverage for your belongings.
3. Does your insurance policy cover additional living expenses?
- If your home is severely damaged and unlivable, will your policy pay for you to temporarily stay somewhere else? This includes restaurant meals, hotel bills, etc.
4. Do you have the right coverage for protection of your assets?
- Although less important than the above three, general liability will cover lawsuits against you and your family in regards to property damage, bodily injury and damage from household pets.
Don’t hesitate to give us a call at Brewer-Lloyd Insurance Group, in Mesa, AZ, with any questions or concerns regarding your homeowners insurance. Contact us to see if you are indeed covered in the event a disaster strikes.