August 13, 2015
Reduce School Morning Stress With These Tips
Back To School Organization
The back to school season is here, and along with making sure that you have all the right school supplies, it is time to get organized at home. To help make your school mornings less hectic and stressful, keep these tips in mind.
- Create a checklist – if your kids know what they are supposed to get done every morning, they will be much more efficient. Create a checklist of morning tasks, such as brushing teeth and packing up backpacks. Consider your morning routine and try to find ways to make it faster for the whole family.
- Turn the clock back – set your alarm clock for 10 minutes earlier in the morning. While 10 minutes may not seem like enough, it can be the difference between yelling that it is time to go and heading out the door in a calm and organized fashion.
- Get fashionable – spend a few minutes on Sunday evenings planning out your kid’s outfits for the entire week. Knowing what to wear in the morning will help to prevent your children from digging through their closets and drawers in the morning.
- Food organization – prepare lunches the night before so that lunch boxes simply have to be taken out of the refrigerator in the morning. You can also use clear containers in the pantry to allow for easy access to snack for lunches and after school treats.
- Sign on the dotted line – the school season means piles of paper to sign, such as permission slips and school programs. Have your children give you anything to sign as soon as you get home and give it directly back to them to put in their notebook to ensure that it is not lost in the daily paper shuffle.
All of us at Brewer-Lloyd Insurance Group in Mesa, Arizona would like to encourage you to try these back to school organization tips to help save time.