November 14, 2014
Driving Tips for Traveling on Thanksgiving
If you and your family will be enjoying a road trip to join your relatives on the other side of the state for Thanksgiving, there are a variety of planning measures that must be discussed. We want your travels to be nothing short of amazing, which is why we have gathered these important traveling tips for Thanksgiving:
- Before you head out the door, make sure to fuel up and top off any fluids that are in need. This will ensure that you do not run out of gas when you hit the traffic rush.
- Make sure to have a stocked emergency preparedness kit in your car in case of an emergency. This kit should include a first aid kit, basic tools, nonperishable food, water, flashlights, and batteries.
- While you may think that leaving a day ahead of schedule will allow you to beat the rush, the roads will be inherently more congested during the week of Thanksgiving, so you must prepare accordingly. It is recommended that you use a handy traffic-tracking device such as Sig Alert to plan your route based on the least congested areas.
- If you will be driving out of Arizona, you will want to research the weather conditions of the areas you will be passing through. A snowy area in the mountains may prove to be an obstacle if you are not properly prepared.
- Most importantly, be patient. Everyone is scurrying to get to his or her holiday vacation, so try to be a courteous driver and spread the holiday cheer!
Happy Thanksgiving! We hope these helpful driving tips for traveling on Thanksgiving will allow you to have a safe and pleasant holiday celebration! Contact Brewer-Lloyd Insurance Group in Mesa for all of your Arizona insurance needs.