October 29, 2015
Don’t Get Spooked This Halloween With These Safety Tips
Halloween is just around the corner, and while you are putting the finishing touches on your jack o lantern and costume, it is the perfect time to ensure that you know how to stay safe while celebrating the holiday. Keep these Halloween safety tips in mind so that you can fully enjoy the holiday.
While trick or treating
- Only cross the street at corners that have crosswalks. Follow all traffic signals and lights. Continue to look for oncoming vehicles when you are crossing the street.
- Teach your kids to make eye contact with drivers before the start crossing the street to make sure that they are seen.
- Watch for cars that are pulling out of driveways or may be making a tight right turn while walking.
When choosing a costume
- Try to choose costumes that are light colored and decorate them with reflective tape or stickers to make your children more visible.
- Instead of letting your children wear a mask, use face paint so that their vision is not blocked while they are walking.
- Choose a costume that fits properly to prevent your children from tripping and falling. Also, ensure that they wear comfortable shoes.
While out driving on Halloween
- Drive slower than usual, especially when you are making your way through residential neighborhoods.
- Use extra caution and look for children who are crossing at intersections and across medians.
- Avoid any distractions while driving so that you can concentrate on what is going on around your vehicle.
Having the right insurance policies in place can help to ensure that you and your family stay safe this Halloween. Contact Brewer-Lloyd Insurance Group in Mesa, Arizona for all of your coverage needs to ensure that you have the protection that you deserve.