February 4, 2015
Heart Healthy Recipe for Heart Disease Awareness
Heart Healthy Recipe: Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Arugula
Did you know that February is Heart Disease Awareness Month? In the month of February, it is encouraged that you take control of your heart health and start modifying your daily routine to promote the well-being of your heart. One of the most important aspects of promoting your heart health starts with what you eat, so indulging on the right recipes is important. Gathered is a delicious heart healthy recipe we recommend that you fix up for the entire family:
Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Arugula
What you will need:
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil, Divided
- ¼ Teaspoons of Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Cloves of Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup of Chopped Tomato
- 1 Pound of Arugula, Trimmed & Torn
- 4 Cups of Hot Cooked Whole-Wheat Spaghetti
- 1 ½ Tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar
- ¾ Teaspoon of Salt
- ½ Teaspoon of Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Cup of Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
How to prepare:
- Start by heating a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat in a Dutch oven. Next, add the red pepper and garlic to the pan and sauté for about 20 seconds.
- Next, add the arugula and tomato, sautéing for about two minutes, or until you notice the arugula wilting. Spoon this mixture into a large bowl.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil, the spaghetti, vinegar, pepper, and salt.
- Toss, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, serve, and enjoy!
Join us in recognizing February as Heart Disease Awareness Month! Contact Brewer-Lloyd Insurance Group in Mesa for all of your Arizona insurance needs.