December 22, 2014
Try This Delicious Holiday Recipe: Mushroom-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Spice Up Your Holiday Meal With This Delicious Recipe
The holidays are a time of traditions, whether those traditions are using specific decorations, singing certain songs, or eating certain foods for your holiday meals. Trying new things can be fun and, who knows, they may even be the start of new holiday traditions. Switch up your holiday meal and impress your family with this recipe that is sure to leave them wanting seconds!
Mushroom Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- 5 Tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 8 ounces of cremini mushrooms, sliced thinly
- Kosher salt
- Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped into fine pieces
- 1 Tbsp of breadcrumbs
- ½ cup of fresh, chopped parsley
- 2 pork tenderloins
- ½ tsp of grated lemon zest
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the bacon and cook until it is crispy. Add the mushrooms and salt and ground pepper to taste. Cook until mushrooms are soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the breadcrumbs and most of the parsley.
- Rinse the pork and pat them dry. Butterfly the pork by making a one inch deep incision down the middle of the tenderloin and opening it so that it lies flat. Cover with plastic wrap and pound with the flat side of a meat mallet until the pork is a ½ inch thick.
- Spread the mushroom mixture over the pork and then tightly roll up the tenderloins, securing them with toothpicks.
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 25-30 minutes, periodically turning the pork, until the center reaches 140°F. Once cooked, remove the toothpicks and slice the pork rolls.
- Mix the remaining olive oil, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a small bowl and spread over the meat.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Contact the Brewer-Lloyd Insurance Group in Mesa for all of your Arizona insurance needs. Enjoy this delicious recipe that is sure to become a new holiday meal tradition. Stay safe during the holidays. Let us give you the protection you deserve with a fantastic policy!