March 9, 2015
Benefits of an Energy Star Home
Advantages of Building an Energy Star Homes
Finding ways to save on your energy bills at home cannot only help the environment, but it can also help you save money on your energy bills. Working towards getting an Energy Star label on your house will also help to make your home more comfortable. There are many benefits of an Energy Star home, including:
- A tightly constructed home that has well-sealed ducts can help to result in reduced air leaks, as well as quieter and more comfortable homes.
- Tight construction at your home will also cut down on the amount of air pollution that makes it into your house, including moisture, pollen, and dust.
- Air temperature is regulated more when you add high performance windows that will work to keep the cold out during the winter, and trap the cooler temperatures in during the summer. They can also work to block out ultraviolet sunlight that can discolor your furniture or carpet.
- Energy Star rated homes will use about 20 to 30 percent less energy when for cooling, heating, and water heating than other homes that are built to the Model Energy Code, which is also used to set standards for energy efficiency in homes.
- When looking to sell your home, having an Energy Star home will help you sell your home for a much higher price, since lower energy bills is a strong selling point. No matter how long you plan to stay in your house, making it an Energy Star home can help you see a higher resale value.
Investing in the right homeowners insurance policy can help to ensure that your Energy Star rated home are protected in case of any disaster. For all of your home insurance coverage needs, contact the insurance professionals at Brewer-Lloyd Insurance Group in Mesa, Arizona.