July 24, 2014
Keep Your Youngsters Active Over Summer
With our society’s increasing reliance on technology, it is becoming harder and harder to tear our kids away from their phones, and televisions. With summer break upon us, parents everywhere are searching for ways to keep their children’s minds and bodies active. Here are some tips for stimulating their brain and body during the months they have off from school:
- Get in contact with your child’s teacher before the school year ends, and request summer packets that can help your child review throughout the break.
- Set up a reward system for reading every day. Consider purchasing a poster board and a packet of stickers. Each time they spend 30 minutes reading, they get to put a sticker on the poster.
- Sign your child up for a summer enrichment program. Many programs are available through schools or the community for you to take advantage of.
- When your kids beg you to watch a few hours of television, only allow them to watch educational programs. Consider channels such as the National Geographic, and Discovery Channel.
- Enroll your children in recreational or summer sport programs. Kids need 60 minutes of exercise each day to stay healthy. You can locate physically active programs like these through churches, community centers, and schools.
- Have your kids work out with you! If you like programs such as Pilates or Zumba, children can participate and get a work out as well!
- Purchase a swimming pass at your local pool to allow your child to burn off some energy.
Brewer-Lloyd Insurance Group would like to wish you and your children a fun, and active summer! As an independent insurance agency, we use multiple insurance companies to find you the insurance policy that best fits your needs. Our insurance professionals have over 25 years of experience, and can’t wait to assist you with any and all of your insurance needs!