November 4, 2013
Tips for Preventing Auto Theft
Auto theft is a crime that is steadily on the rise. By taking preventative measures, you can make it more difficult for your vehicle to be stolen or taken for a joy ride. The following are some practical tips for preventing theft and keeping your vehicle safe.
1. Be careful where you park, especially at night. Choose safe locations that are well lit after dark.
2. Lock your car after parking, even if you’re only going to be gone a short time.
3. Don’t leave valuables in your car in plain sight; store them under the seat or in the trunk.
4. Avoid driving in areas known for their high crime rate.
5. Install an alarm system in your car or use an anti-theft device. Make it difficult for car thieves to do their job.
6. Don’t leave the car alone and running for any length of time.
7. Etch your vehicle’s ID number (VIN) on the front and back windshield of your car as it makes it easier to identify, discouraging thieves from choosing your car.
Any measures you take to protect your vehicle from theft could help reduce your insurance costs. For more anti-theft car tips or information about auto insurance in Arizona, contact Brewer-Lloyd Insurance Group.